Yesterday at VMworld 2017, VMware unveiled innovations that make VMware Workspace ONE powered by AirWatch the industry’s first unified end user experience, management and security solution for all endpoint platforms. Customers will now have the ability to use Workspace ONE as a single solution to enable unified endpoint management (UEM) and unify the end user experience across all endpoint platforms including Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, iOS, and Android. In addition, Workspace ONE will now uniquely integrate application programming interfaces (APIs) from major endpoint platform providers to stay in lock-step with the latest innovations in devices and applications.
“The modern workforce is stretching the limits of IT as employees embrace cloud and mobile technologies to perform work throughout the day using a growing variety of endpoints and platforms,” said Sumit Dhawan, senior vice president and general manager, End-User Computing, VMware. “Partnering with major endpoint platform providers gives us the ability to deliver a modern unified solution that enables our customers to break free from silo-ed management stacks and user experiences. Workspace ONE will give businesses the agility and security that is critical to digital transformation initiatives.”
Workspace ONE is the industry’s first digital workspace platform that uniquely integrates AirWatch endpoint management technology with end-user identity to deliver a consumer-simple experience with enterprise-class security. Workspace ONE will also extend the same experience and security to traditional Windows environments with VMware Horizon virtual application and desktop technology.
Updates to Workspace ONE in addition to Horizon 7 with Cloud Foundation and Dell EMC VDI Complete with Horizon Apps are expected to be generally available in Q3 FY18.
General availability for Workspace ONE Intelligence is expected in Q4 FY18.
- Read a blog post on VMware Radius by Sumit Dhawan, senior vice president and general manager, End-User Computing, VMware
- Read a perspective on today’s VMworld news from Chris Wolf, Vice President and CTO, Global Field and Industry, VMware, “Exceptional Developer, User, and Customer Experiences are the Keys Innovation and Productivity”
- More information and content is available in the VMworld 2017 Online Press Kit
- Visit the VMware AirWatch blog to learn more about innovations in Workspace ONE and AirWatch
- Visit the VMware End-User Computing blog to learn more about innovations in Horizon and JMP Technologies.
- Learn more about VMware Education Services for End-User Computing solutions
- Follow VMware Workspace ONE powered by AirWatch on Facebook and Twitter
- Follow VMware Horizon on Facebook and Twitter