Product Review: SAP HANA Cloud Platform
SAP HANA Cloud Platform is an open platform-as-a-service that provides unique in-memory database and application services quickly and easily. Organizations of any size and budget can utilize out-of-the-box services from SAP HANA to develop new applications or extend existing ones, enabling anyone to extend SAP applications in minutes in the cloud.
It is the best fit for existing SAP customers as it allows them to easily and quickly build cloud apps that leverage the power of SAP HANA in the cloud while connecting SAP and non-SAP cloud and on-premise systems.
Complex integration and bloated enterprise applications are in the past as SAP HANA Cloud Platform’s agile business app can integrate and connect with your business’ current on-premise and cloud applications regardless of who made it. With SAP HANA Cloud Platform you have access to over one thousand third-party apps via the SAP Store.
SAP HANA Cloud Platform is in competition with similar services from AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Salesforce and Pivotal, however, the features of SAP HANA Cloud Platform really set it apart. It is the best fit for existing SAP customers as it allows them to easily and quickly build cloud apps that leverage the power of SAP HANA in the cloud while connecting SAP and non-SAP cloud and on-premise systems.
The key features and functions of SAP HANA Cloud Platform are all focused on being built fast and inexpensively for the customer. Including:
- Update real-time operational reporting to deal with large amounts of granular data quickly, up to the second.
- Collaborate to bring together people and securely access and share business content, information, applications and a process that drive results and increase team productivity.
- Delivers personalized responsive and simple user experience at scale within a friendly and responsive user interface.
- Securely integrate your cloud and on-premise applications seamlessly to gain real-time insights from sensors, devices and social sentiment.
- Embed advanced analytics into your solutions and gain real-time insight into big data by placing predictive analytics, spatial processing and data visualization on the same architecture.
- Tightly manage and monitor user access and security services. Deliver enterprise-grade native and hybrid mobile apps in the cloud while securely accessing on-premise or cloud-based back-end systems through multiple authentication methods and offline synchronization.
- Utilize business services from SAP and their ISV partners. Eliminate the divide between transactions and analytics to support high-volume transaction processing and big data analysis.
- Increase developer productivity by simplifying development and operations.
- Analyze unstructured data and extract relevant information within your apps.
You can even learn to build your first SAP HANA Cloud Platform enterprise application today with their extensive online tutorials.
SAP HANA Cloud Platform operates under a subscription model with per-user pricing starts at $25 per user each month, which allows customers to start small with one application then scale up. The upper limit on pricing is $130 per user each month that allows for multiple applications and includes access to up to 10 GB of storage per month.
The company is also in partnership with Cloud Foundry for a new beta offering of SAP HANA Cloud Platform that enables customers to test out and give feedback for the functionalities coming with Cloud Foundry. With this customers will be able to play around with even more programming languages and paradigms that your enterprises may already be familiar with, including PHP, Python, Ruby and Go. They also recently announced a partnership with Apple to provide enterprise apps to deliver live data to people wherever and whenever they decide.
As a market leader in enterprise application software, enabling 300,000 customers across the world to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively, SAP continues to revolutionize business and technology with SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
All great applications start first with an idea. The following infographic demonstrates a typical path for HCP customers, showing how they can start small with the single app edition, add more users as their user base grows, and later when they need more power and additional capabilities such as the integration service, they can upgrade to the multiple app edition. It is really this licensing and pricing flexibility that makes the SAP HANA Cloud Platform so attractive to developers.
As a reader of yourdailytech.com, you have access to exclusive savings on SAP HANA Cloud Platform. This promo code, YDT30, provides 30 percent off the first three months for all user-based packages subscriptions, and is available globally though for one-time use only.
On November 8, 2016, SAP HANA Cloud Platform will be a key player at SAP TechEd Barcelona. Further information about SAP HANA Cloud Platform, as well as a price comparison tool for each version and a customer reference eBook, can be found on their website. For questions, please send an email to [email protected].